background

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Erin Elisabeth... In Between.

Feeling the desire to blog again. I have so much that lays on my heart and mind and I need somewhere to share it rather than writing a Facebook post that's ten miles long.

What's been laying on my heart heaviest lately? Feeling like I'm in an "in between" stage in my life. That may not make sense to some of you, but to those who understand, you probably know exactly how I'm feeling.

I'm on the verge of 26. I have an awesome job. An awesome family. A church home that I will be forever grateful for. And so many other awesome blessings in my life. But honestly, at times, I feel like I'm stuck in between. In between the stage of being graduated from college and settling down with a spouse. Lots of friends my age have reached that stage of being married and even starting families. Then I have to remind myself that I'm not the ONLY one who is "in between". Honestly, I know there are so many others who are in the same stage of life as me.

I am also "in between" where I want and need to be health wise, physically. I'm not at my goal weight, I still struggle with making the best decisions that affect my health but, each day is a new opportunity to make the right decision and having the right tools and support make that much more attainable.

Spiritually I'm not where I once was, but, I'm also not where I want or need to be in my walk with the Lord.

Here's the thing, I can sit here and list all the things that make me feel like I'm in an "in between" phase in my life and I can dwell on the fact that I'm not where I want to be in my life or that I'm not where society says I should be. But, instead, I can focus on the fact that "in between" is right where God wants me to be during this time. I can focus on the fact that I recognize I'm not where I want or need to be in several areas of my life and with recognizing that I can do something to change my circumstances (for the most part).

It's OKAY to be "in between" because it means I haven't made a decision to settle with the mediocrity life throws at us sometimes. Instead, I've made a decision that where I'm at right now isn't a permanent situation. I have the ability to take control of this "in between" and do something to create a change where it's due because I know that my Heavenly Father created me for something far greater than to be stuck in idle in the "in between" phase of life.





"through every circumstance, every season of life, there's not a single situation that's too far from the reach and the touch of God and His goodness" Housefires Never Run Dry


Until next time, y'all!

Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment